If you don't see the video upload tool in your dashboard, email email@example.com and we'll get it set up for you!
- Log in to your dashboard to see the new Video icon tab in your left sidebar. That's where you can upload your videos! This upload feature accepts .mp4, .webm, and .mov file types and the recommended file size is 25-35mb per minute with a maximum file size of 800mb. Our ad partners require videos to be at least 30 seconds long. This helps ensure your videos are earning you the most money possible!
Drag and drop your video into the cloud icon in the video widget, or click “Browse Videos” to upload directly from your desktop. This current version uploads one video at a time.
Required info for uploading your videos
- Video Title
Optional info to help organize your videos
- URL: Add the URL of the related post on your site and a brief description for SEO purposes.
- Description: This helps with SEO, so you can pack it full of keywords and information.
- Sidebar player checkbox: Check the 'Add to sidebar player' checkbox if you would like for the video to display in your sidebar or collapsible video player.
- Publish in the future: If you select this checkbox, you can choose a specific date to schedule your video using the dropdown fields. Choosing a future publishing date will postpone the video going live in your posts, sidebar player, and any playlists. Note: the time zone is your local time.
- Tags: To use Tags, first send us a list of tags you’d like to include. Once we set those tags up for you, you can use the Tags dropdown box to assign tags that can help build video playlists. Tags can be as broad as “desserts” or as specific as “healthy chocolate desserts”. (These tags aren't a part of your video SEO metadata - they are just to help us create individual playlists for your site.)
- Embeds for playlists: We can provide you with embed codes for playlists using your tags. For example, we can help you create a playlist of all your videos tagged with “Popular” and “Healthy Desserts.” You can embed these playlists wherever you like — they don’t have to correlate with specific posts! In the future, you’ll be able to build your own custom playlists from these tags.
Editing Video Information
Click the edit button beside the video to edit the title, description, thumbnail and tags for a video. When you change a thumbnail image, the update may take a few minutes and you’ll need to hit refresh to view the change in the dashboard.
If you edit the title or description after you've already embedded the video on your site, you'll need to replace the current embed code with the updated code in the dashboard.
The dashboard allows you to choose a thumbnail from the video or upload a specific image.
Your Embed Codes
To embed a video into a post on your site, grab the individual code by clicking on the “Copy Embed” button from the video page. For WordPress, these embed codes are shortcodes you can copy and paste into your visual or text editor and click Save. For Blogger or Squarespace, your embed codes will be <div> codes that need to be copy and pasted into your HTML post editor and saved. If you'd like to preview the video, click to preview your post and the player should appear where you just embedded it.
- Once you start earning from your videos, your new widget under "My Dashboard" will show a handy report of your video earnings for the last 30 days and also a button to upload your videos! (These earnings are also included in your total earnings at the top of your dashboard.)
Once you start earning from your in-post embedded videos, you'll find a handy new graph/chart in the Earnings tab that shows how much you're earning from your Click to Play videos.
- The Traffic tab in your dashboard includes a table of your Top 10 videos for whatever time period you select at the top of the page. This table shows how many plays each video has and the percentage of readers who have clicked to watch that video. These statistics can help you see what is working and where you might be able to change the placement or add some text that encourages more people to click on the video.